Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rejection Sucks








I received my first rejection on a partial yesterday.

To say I was bummed is an understatement, devastated is more like it.

I know that these are just steps- steps on a very long, steep, daunting staircase that leads towards publication.

But somedays I can see a little glint of light from way, way up there-- giving me hope and the endurance to continue to plod with heavy feet upward.

But yesterday (and today) it feels rather like that cold dark stairwell just leads upwards forever... into complete darkness.

These are the grey days of self-doubt. Who the hell do I think I am attempting to do this? What do I think I have that is worth sharing?

Not pretty, huh?

After I quit sobbing, I sat down at my desk, researched and then queried five new agents.

SUCK ON THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment